About The Tour
The Dream Tour is invested in helping your child achieve his or her dreams of a bright future.
That’s why we’re traveling to middle schools across America with some of the country’s top scientists, encouraging students like yours to reach their dream by going to college and studying science, technology, engineering and mathematics.
At first glance, these subjects sometimes seem hard. We’re here to tell you that, with a little hard work and studying, the goal of college and a career in the sciences is well within your child’s reach. We support your demanding the best for your child, including well-trained teachers and increased access to college-level classes and Advanced Placement classes.
The Dream Tour website is here to help you help your child!
We’ve included a list of links to a list of classes for your student to take to prepare for college, and links to universities, technical colleges, and interest groups. In just a few weeks, we’ll be adding a number of items to the website including fun games and quizzes as well as homework help.
Be sure to let us know what you think! Tell us your thoughts about the Tour and what you would like to see more of on the site.
Thank you for believing in your children and supporting their dreams.
Preparing To Go To CollegeIt’s time for you and your child to start planning for college!
this list to begin planning their middle and high school courses.
Taking the right classes will help them get a head start and prepare
them for a college education.
Remember – They need your love and support to make their dreams a reality!
- Grade 8 – Algebra and Earth Science
- Grade 9 – Geometry and Biology
- English - Minimum of 4 years. Courses include Composition, American Literature, English Literature and World Literature
and Geography - Minimum of 2 to 3 years. Courses include Geography,
U.S. History, U.S. Government, World History, World Cultures and Civics
- Science - Minimum of 2 to 3 years. Courses include Biology, Earth Science, Chemistry and Physics
- Minimum of 3 to 4 years. Courses include Algebra I, Geometry,
Algebra II, Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus & Calculus
- Foreign Language - Minimum of 2 to 3 years. Courses include French, Spanish, German, Latin, Russian, Chinese or Japanese
- Visual and Performing Arts - Minimum of 1 year. Courses include Art, Drama, Dance, Music or Band
- Electives - Minimum of 1 to 3 years. Courses include Economics, Psychology, Statistics, Computer Science or Communicatio
Follow The Tour
2011 DREAM Tour
American International School
African Leadership Academy
Centro de Convencoes de Talatona
New York City, NY
New York City, NY
The Apollo Theater
San Antonio, TX
Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center
Dallas/Ft. Worth/Arlington/Irving, TX
Jesse Owens Memorial Complex
Ellis Davis Field House